- September 9, 2021
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: admin
Whether you're a "fall" person or not, I think we can all agree that any new season (fall or not) is an exciting time to mix things up when it comes to things like your wardrobe and beauty routine. And I'm not saying you have to get completely new clothes and swap out all your makeup products for new ones—the cool thing about seasonal transitions is that tiny changes can make an impact, too.
That might mean buying a few new items of clothing or accessories to mix in with your tried-and-true basics. Or trying out a new lipstick, eye shadow look, or even a new nail polish color. The latter is one of my favorite ways to change things up because it's pretty low-lift in terms of effort and it can be a subtle change. Opting for a fall-inspired nail color instead of your usual at the salon is pretty easy, right? And it's a lot more temporary and effortless than trying out a new haircut or creating a dramatic eye-makeup look.
For me, fall is the best time to really commit to some dark nail colors. The weather is cooler, the leaves are a pretty red/orange/yellow, everything feels cozier—all of this calls for some dramatic and deep hues. Am I wrong here? Take a look at some nail polish options below as inspiration for your next salon or at-home manicure.
1. Olive and June Nail Polish in SC
It honestly doesn't get any more classic than this bordeaux red. You'll be wearing this beyond fall.
2. Ella + Mila Nail Polish in Wicked Red
You can't go wrong with this deep, sultry red.
3. Revlon Nail Polish in Vixen
Revlon's dark red polish is chip- and fade-resistant. And it leaves a glossy finish.
4. Base Coat Nail Polish in Capricorn
This espresso brown polish is so cozy, yet sophisticated.
5. OPI Nail Lacquer in Cliffside Karoake
If you want a lighter option, try this chocolate brown.
6. Christian Louboutin Rouge Louboutin Nail Colour in Farida
This brown polish has a little bit of shimmer, making it more of a bronze tone.
7. OPI Nail Lacquer in Stay Off the Lawn!!
There's something just so luxurious about a deep, emerald green. It gives an expensive fee (maybe because it's like the color of money?).
8. Jinsoon Nail Polish in Epidote
If you're looking for a little bit of sparkle, try this metallic green.
9. OPI Nail Lacquer in Things I've Seen In Aber-green
OPI's green polish is a darker version of an army green.
10. Olive and June Nail Polish in Social Studies
I love that this blue is a different take on deep navy—Olive and June calls it "slightly sun-bleached."
11. Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer in Kings & Thieves
An inky, almost-black blue, this polish from Smith & Cult is definitely for those looking for something a bit dramatic and very chic.
12. Essie Nail Polish in Infinity Cool
Essie's classic navy blue polish has a slightly creamy finish.
13. Deborah Lippmann Gel Lab Pro Nail Polish in Purple Haze
A creamy dark purple, this polish from Deborah Lippmann is just your classic aubergine shade.
14. Auda.B Vegan Nail Polish in Royalty
This one is more of a berry color, with both red and purple tones. It also has a hint of shimmer. And did I mention that the formula is vegan?
15. Cirque Colors Nail Polish in Terroir
This is a great option if you don't want something that's a traditional purple. It's has some taupe, neutral vibes.
16. Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Nail Polish in Onyx-pected
Sally Hansen's Miracle Gel polish in this black hue is like getting a professional gel manicure for cheap. It lasts for up to eight days.
17. Gucci Vernis À Ongles Nail Polish in Black Crystal
What's more luxe than a Gucci nail polish? Nothing, probably. This plant-based formula has long-lasting glossy shine.
18. NCLA Nail Lacquer in Back to Black
This creamy black polish is a nontoxic, 7-free formula.
19. Olive and June Nail Polish in Scattered Showers
Inspired by "wet and moody weather, " this polish is aptly named Scattered Showers. It's a pretty steely gray that works as a neutral.
20. Butter London Nail Lacquer in Earl Grey
With a gel-like finish and high-shine, this dark gray nail polish will last for a long time—up to 10 days to be exact.
21. OPI Nail Lacquer in Rub-a-Pub-Pub
A dark, silvery gray, this polish from OPI is moody, chic, and versatile.
Next, Peep This: 9 Screenshot-Worthy Nail Vibes That Will Reign Supreme This Fall